2The Battery Bank Is The Achilles Heel Of Solar/Wind/Off-Grid Energy Systems
Before we give you our top 7 tips and tricks, we want you to know why this information is important…
- One the most expensive parts of an off-grid energy system is the battery bank.
- And the batteries are typically one of the first things to fail in a system.
Improper battery care often kills the batteries in the battery bank well before their time. This forces people to buy new expensive batteries and also cripples their off-grid system until they replace the dead batteries.
So proper care is critically important so you prevent premature aging of your batteries and maximize their lifespan.
Quick Tip: If your deep cycle lead-acid batteries do die …or if you just want to save money on your battery bank, you can:
- Get old batteries for free (or dirt cheap if you know where to look)
- Recondition them back to 100% of their original working condition
- And build your battery bank with those batteries instead of new pricey batteries.